Monday 18 May 2009

Thank blogness it's Friday!

Well it would appear that - with no conscious planning on my part - Friday is to be blogging day. Yes, I know it's Monday, but I actually drafted this post on Friday. (see previous post about my attachment to pen and paper!). It makes sense really - the Friday afternoon train journey home feels like a natural time to be reflective.

Anyhoo...this week I have mostly been agreeing my high level work objectives and then breaking those down into discrete tasks. I've got as far as putting together a fairly comprehensive work plan for the next 12 months. It will never be a finished document - there will always be things that'll crop up unexpectedly that will have to be slotted in - but it gives me something to work to. And the process of putting the plan together has enabled me to think about priorities, dependencies, etc.

As for chartership...well I'm ashamed to say I've done nothing since my week of study leave. Maybe I should apply my planning skills to that particular project as well!

No comments: